Things To Bring to Olive the Lake
- A box of garbage and kitchen and recycling bags for your group.
- Bottled Drinking Water – Important
- All toiletries including toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrush, razor etc
- Foldable chairs for around the fire – we do have picnic tables
- For easy clean up – Paper Plates
- Shop for all necessary food/equipment in North Bay or New Liskeard
- Beach towel, showering towel, hand towel, face cloth
- Coolers for drinks and extra food
- Clothes (dress for the season)
- Favorite pillow and blanket ( just in case it’s cool )
- Crock Pot, Cast Iron Frying Pan, Turkey Fryer
- Your own DVDs (we have a wide selection here too!)
- Camera, binoculars, video camera, extra batteries
- Sunscreen & Umbrella
- Sunglasses, Hat, Sun shade
Fishing/ Hunting List
- Bug Spray! A bottle of KONK or Bug Killer.
- Appropriate licenses for fishing or hunting
- Life jackets/flotation devices
- Fishing Rods & Tackle, Fillet Knife
- Electric Trolling motor
- Proper Shoes (walking/boots), rubber boots
- Minnow Bucket/Aerator – We do have minnow buckets to borrow
- Bug hat and jacket
- Snap on boat Seat
- Portable Fish Finder + Appropriate Batteries.
- Rubber Boots
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Bring a Measuring Tape and Fish Scale
- Water Toys – Blow up mattress or tube
- Water shoes
***REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN FLOTATION DEVICE. IT IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO HAVE A FLOTATION DEVICE THAT FITS YOUR BODY TYPE ***
*** Our fishing regulations – Pickerel & Bass – 16 inches and under you can keep .. We ask that you please release everything over 16″ back into the lake.
- You must bring your own flotation device. – SAFETY FIRST!
- You do not have to bring bed linens ( This is supplied )
- We sell worms at the main lodge for bait
- We supply wood here at the Lodge – $10.00 a bag. Please do not bring wood.
- The cottages are equipped with stove tops and BBQs – No Ovens
Trapper’s Trading Post is located 5 minutes down the road in which you can get a little bit of everything.(Groceries, LCBO and Beer Store)
Also Located right in Trapper’s Trading Post parking lot is Lumpy’schip stand… YOU HAVE TO STOP HERE FOR LUNCH mmmm poutine.
We also have a restaurant nearby called the Rock Pine for the times you don’t feel like cooking.
Gramp’s Place has a large assortment of fishing tackle and bait, as well as souvenirs and gifts. It is located 10 minutes north of us on Highway 11.
By visiting these locations, you are helping us support our local businesses.