Things to bring to
Olive the Lake
Olive the Lake provides the following to shorten your packing list:
- Bed linens – bottom sheet, top sheet, comforter & pillow with case
- All pots, pans, cutlery, dishes, misc. kitchen utensils, cheese grater, salad bowls etc.
- (Drip style) Coffee maker with filters
- Dish soap, dish cloth & dish towel
- One garbage bag in bin + one recycling bag in bin
- 2 rolls of toilet paper
- BBQ with propane tank conveniently located at your cottage
- BBQ lighter
Cottage List Suggestions
- Bottled Drinking Water *Important as the cottage water gets pumped from the lake*
- All food including condiments and spices/sugar etc.
- Garbage and recycling bags for your group
- Paper towels, tissues, napkins, plastic wrap, tinfoil, disposable aluminum baking dish for BBQ, BBQ lighter
- All toiletries including toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, razor, medication etc.
- Paper plates & plastic cutlery for those who don’t want to do dishes while on vacation
- Beach towel, showering towel, hand towel, face cloth
- Favorite pillow and blanket (if desired)
- Crock Pot, Cast Iron Frying Pan, Turkey Fryer (if needed)
- DVDs & board games – we have a large selection of both in the main lodge
- Camping chairs for around the fire – we do have picnic tables
- Coolers for drinks or extra food
- Appropriate clothes for the season
- Sunglasses, Hat, Sun shade
- Camera, binoculars, video camera, extra batteries
- Sunscreen & Umbrella
- Water toys – Blow up mattress or tube
- Proper shoes (walking/boots/sandals), rubber boots, water shoes
- Bug hat and jacket
- Waterproof jacket and pants
Fishing & Hunting List Suggestions
- Fishing license
- Life jacket for every person
- Fishing rods & tackle, fillet knife
- Electric trolling motor
- Minnow bucket/aerator – we do have minnow buckets to borrow
- Snap on boat seat or cushions
- Portable fish finder + appropriate batteries
- Measuring tape and fish scale
- Fish stringer
- Appropriate hunting licenses
- Safety harness
- Hunting clothes
- Bug hat & jacket
- Solid blaze orange vest or jacket (cannot be mesh or blaze camo) & hat
- Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader & ammunition
- Bow/Crossbow & arrows/bolts, broadheads
- Binoculars, rangefinder, camera, video camera + extra batteries
- Thermacell & refills (highly recommended)
- ATV (not essential)
- Scent-free soaps & sprays
- Backpack – containing knives, saw, treestand hooks, wind checker etc.
- Extra coolers for meat & hide
***REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN FLOTATION DEVICE. IT IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO HAVE A FLOTATION DEVICE THAT FITS YOUR BODY TYPE ***
*** Our fishing regulations – Pickerel & Bass – 16 inches and under you can keep .. We ask that you please release everything over 16″ back into the lake.
- You must bring your own flotation device. – SAFETY FIRST!
- You do not have to bring bed linens ( This is supplied )
- We sell worms at the main lodge for bait
- We supply wood here at the Lodge – $10.00 a bag. Please do not bring wood.
- The cottages are equipped with stove tops and BBQs – No Ovens
Trapper’s Trading Post is located 5 minutes down the road in which you can get a little bit of everything.(Groceries, LCBO and Beer Store)
Also Located right in Trapper’s Trading Post parking lot is Lumpy’schip stand… YOU HAVE TO STOP HERE FOR LUNCH mmmm poutine.
We also have a restaurant nearby called the Rock Pine for the times you don’t feel like cooking.
Gramp’s Place has a large assortment of fishing tackle and bait, as well as souvenirs and gifts. It is located 10 minutes north of us on Highway 11.
By visiting these locations, you are helping us support our local businesses.