Things to bring to
Olive the Lake
Olive the Lake provides the following to shorten your packing list:
- All pots, pans, cutlery, dishes, misc. kitchen utensils, cheese grater, salad bowls etc.
- Oscillating fan(s)
- (Drip style) Coffee maker with filters
- Dish soap, dish cloth & dish towel
- One garbage bag in bin + one recycling bag in bin
- 2 rolls of toilet paper
- BBQ with propane tank conveniently located at your cottage
- BBQ lighter
*Important to bring*
- Bottled Drinking Water *Important as the cottage water gets pumped from the lake*
- Bed linens – sleeping bag or sheet set, comforter & pillow with case *DUE TO COVID-19, WE NO LONGER PROVIDE BEDDING
- All food including condiments and spices/sugar etc.
- Extra garbage and recycling bags for your group
- Paper towels, tissues, napkins, plastic wrap, tinfoil, disposable aluminum baking dish for BBQ etc.
- All toiletries including toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, razor, medication etc.
- Beach towel, showering towel, hand towel, face cloth
- Appropriate clothes for the season
- Hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, disinfecting spray *DUE TO COVID-19, EXTRA CLEANING & SANITIZING PRODUCTS ARE SUGGESTED
- Paper plates & plastic cutlery *KITCHEN ITEMS WILL NOT BE DISINFECTED AFTER EACH GUEST, PLEASE USE WITH CAUTION OR BRING YOUR OWN
- Extra oscillating fan (if you desire several in the cottage)
- Crock Pot, Cast Iron Frying Pan, Turkey Fryer (if needed)
- DVDs & board games – we have a large selection of both in the main lodge *COVID-19 PROTOCOLS IN PLACE
- Camping chairs for around the fire – we do have picnic tables
- Coolers for drinks or extra food
- Sunglasses, Hat, Sun shade
- Camera, binoculars, video camera, extra batteries
- Sunscreen & Umbrella
- Water toys and sand toys for the kids- Blow up mattress or tube *DUE TO COVID-19, THERE WILL BE MINIMAL TOYS AND EVERYTHING IS “USE AT OWN RISK”
- Proper shoes (walking/boots/sandals), rubber boots, water shoes
- Bug spray, bug hat and jacket
- Waterproof jacket and pants
Fishing & Hunting List
- Fishing license
- Life jacket for every person
- Fishing rods & tackle, fillet knife
- Electric trolling motor
- Minnow bucket/aerator – we do have minnow buckets to borrow
- Snap on boat seat or cushions
- Portable fish finder + appropriate batteries
- Measuring tape and fish scale
- Fish stringer
- Appropriate hunting licenses
- Safety harness
- Hunting clothes
- Bug hat & jacket
- Solid blaze orange vest or jacket (cannot be mesh or blaze camo) & hat
- Rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader & ammunition
- Bow/Crossbow & arrows/bolts, broadheads
- Binoculars, rangefinder, camera, video camera + extra batteries
- Thermacell & refills (highly recommended)
- ATV (not essential)
- Scent-free soaps & sprays
- Backpack – containing knives, saw, treestand hooks, wind checker etc.
- Extra coolers for meat & hide
***REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN FLOTATION DEVICE. IT IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO HAVE A FLOTATION DEVICE THAT FITS YOUR BODY TYPE ***
*** Our fishing regulations – Pickerel & Bass – 16 inches and under you can keep . We ask that you please release everything over 16″ back into the lake.
- You must bring your own flotation device. – SAFETY FIRST!
- We sell worms at the main lodge
- We sell wood at the main lodge * Please do not bring wood
- We sell ice at the main lodge
- The cottages are equipped with stove tops and BBQs – No Ovens
Trapper’s Trading Post is located 5 minutes down the road in which you can get a little bit of everything.(Groceries, LCBO and Beer Store, Fishing/Hunting Licence)
Also Located right in Trapper’s Trading Post parking lot is Lumpy’s chip stand… YOU HAVE TO STOP HERE FOR LUNCH mmmm poutine.
We also have a restaurant nearby called the Rock Pine for the times you don’t feel like cooking.
Gramp’s Place has a large assortment of fishing tackle and bait, as well as souvenirs and gifts. It is located 10 minutes north of us on Highway 11.
By visiting these locations, you are helping us support our local businesses.